COVID-19 – Coronavirus Special Message
The staff of MarylandOnline are acutely aware of the challenges faculty, staff, administrators, teachers, and students are facing during the medical emergency and the resulting facility closings. Below are some resources that may be helpful.
- QM Emergency Remote Instruction (ERI) Checklist
- For a crowd-sourced list of other schools’ emergency plans, go to List of Higher Ed Emergency Plans, with an introductory QM Video by Dr. Bethany Simunich, Director of Research and Innovation for Quality Matters. Dr. Simunich explains how the Higher Ed. and K-12 checklists can assist instructors as a job aid when moving to remote instruction in an emergency. Taking the student perspective is the cornerstone of creating a learning environment to support student success when changing modalities during a crisis.
- For a short and succinct article from the Chronicle that has more embedded resources click on Preparing for an Emergency
- K-12 – The Centers for Disease Control has information specific to K-12 schools: CDC K-12 Coronavirus Information.
- Inside HigherEd has this informative article about lessons learned from Katrina: What Katrina Taught Us About Online Delivery
- WCET always has good resources, and here is that organization’s COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates and Resources page.